Originally Published February 1st, 2012
- The Omelette Shoppe This is the place to go whether you are a tourist or local for delicious breakfasts, and great cinnamon rolls. (They even have flavored creamers for your morning coffee!) The staff is friendly, the prices are affordable, and they have to be doing something right because they have two locations in Traverse City and two locations in Grand Rapids. They offer some great specials as well.
- J & S Hamburg Both locations are small, quaint and full of sass. It is your traditional coffee, eggs, American fries, and breakfast meat kind of place with killer biscuits and gravy. When you think of a diner, this is what you get. Everyone is reading the newspaper early in the morning, while the cook grills up some tasty treats on the flat top, and your waitress greets you with a smile and a little sarcasm. Everyone is a regular at J & S.
- Patisserie Amie Here is a place where you can find French-style coffee drinks, and some really interesting breakfast choices. The staff is all very knowledgeable and friendly, and the menu is definitely different than most choices in Traverse City. Also, they have some delicious French pastries to satisfy any sweet tooth.
- The Flap Jack Shack The same owners that own The Omelette Shoppe, but a restaurant with a little different flair. The food is great, the service is quick, and the establishment is an iconic fixture in Traverse City.
- Round’s Another place where everyone can feel like a local; Round’s has awesome service, scrumptious food, and an intimate setting. You can tell a lot of love goes into every meal, and their pancakes are fantastic.