Live music in the summer brings people together like nothing else—no matter the genre. From Folk Rock to Hard Rock, Country to Blues and everything in between, in the summer we relish any opportunity to be outside enjoying the warm sun and a cold beverage. Jackson has several live music venues throughout the year to catch a show, but in the summer outdoor festivals make a perfect venue. Many of Jackson’s summer festivals focus on music or have bands on the street, from Faster Horses to the Jackson County Fair, Jackson Festivals bring the beat! Don’t miss a second of the action, book a Jackson hotel and catch every day of these concerts!
- July 18, 19 & 20 | Faster Horses | Michigan International Speedway
A 3-day country music festival set on the grounds of Michigan International Speedway. The 2014 lineup includes Tim McGraw, Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert.
- July 24, 25, 26 & 27 | Folkgalore | Various venues including Michigan Theatre of Jackson
FolkGalore’s tagline is “Story. Music. Redemption.” That says it all. This multi-venue festival will feature local and regional acts in the storytelling genres of folk, alt-country, singer songwriter, blues, folk rock, country and Americana. Sunday’s headline show will feature Ann Arbor’s Laith Al-Saadi at the Michigan Theatre of Jackson.
- August 2 & 3 | How Bazaar Jackson | Downtown Jackson How Bazaar Jackson Festival is a new two-day street festival that combines
The success of last year’s sold out Taste of Jackson, with a juried art walk, beer and wine tasting, live music, kids’ activities, the Run or Dye 5K, live music on the street for free and ticketed shows each evening featuring Root Doctor Blues Band and Toppermost Beatles Tribute Band at the Michigan Theatre of Jackson.
- August 3 – 10 | Jackson County Fair | Jackson County Fairgrounds The Jackson County Fair is a truly quintessential fair, with carnival rides, food vendors, animals and arts & crafts displays. The fair will kick off the week with two live performances Sunday, August 3 with Alabama and Monday, August 4 with the World Series of Hair: Warrant, Quiet Riot & Sebastian Bach of Skid Row. Besides the big festivals, a lot of smaller venues add live music in the summer:
- July 5 & 10, Aug 14 | JSO Affinity Series | Weatherwax Hall
- Wednesdays | Family Fun Nights | The Cascades
- Wednesdays and Sundays | Patio Parties | The Beach Bar Clark Lake
- Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays | Live Music on the Deck | The Pointe Bar & Grill Clark Lake
- Thursdays | Acoustic Roots | The Fourth Wall
- Every Other Thursday | Jammin in Jackson | Bucky Harris Park Downtown Jackson
- Thursdays | Ella’s Patio Parties| Ella Sharp Museum
- Thursdays | Thirsty Thursdays | Sandhill Crane Vineyards
- Fridays | Arts in the Park & Street Dance and Movie | Downtown Brooklyn
- Fridays | Live Music | Jackson Coffee Company
- Fridays and Saturdays | Rock Shows | The Foundry
- Saturdays Rotary Bandshell Concerts | Sparks Park & The Cascades
- Saturdays | Lone Oak on the Deck | Lone Oak Vineyard Estate
- Saturdays | Vineyard Summer Series | Cherry Creek Old Schoolhouse Winery
- Saturdays | Live Music | Grand River Brewery
- 2nd Sundays at Art 634 and the Armory Arts Village