Public Relations/Marketing Internship
Available Fall term: September 2016 – December 2016
Available Winter term: January 2016 – May 2016
The Awesome Mitten is searching for a marketing/public relations intern to bring a passion for Michigan and an excellent work ethic to this fun, fast paced company. We are looking for someone who is interested in maintaining relationships with our audience and partnering organizations. If you are a creative and self-motivated individual looking to expand your skillset within a fun work environment this is the right opportunity for you!
- Research businesses in area to collaborate with
- Event PR: assist in planning; brainstorm where to promote dependent upon which event
- Assist in maintaining Awesome Mitten presence on social media outlets such as Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Survey followers and businesses for feedback
- Assist in PR and brand development for upcoming special projects
- Create exciting and creative newsletters, press releases and giveaways that will be either sent out to our Awesome Mitten readers or posted on the website.
- Active in social media
- Cell phone
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understand Google Docs
- Not required, but helpful if familiar with WordPress, MailChimp, and Buffer
- Be able to work independently
- Passion for Michigan
- Meet exciting people and build your personal network
- All expenses paid travel opportunity throughout the state
- Awesome Mitten gear
Please send your resume and a short cover letter to Alex[at]AwesomeMitten.com, explaining why you think you’d be an AWESOME fit for this position!