Our awesome state of Michigan turns 176 on January 26th, 2013, and the Awesome Mitten wants to celebrate! We believe that the most important part of any celebration is the dessert. So, to celebrate the 176th year of our great state, we invite you to create a birthday dessert and enter it into Michigan’s Birthday Bake-Off for the chance to win some cool prizes!
We’ve separated into this into two divisions: professional and general public.
To see the professional entries, and vote on them now, click here.
If you’re interested in entering the general public contest, see below!
For more information on our Michigan’s Birthday Tweet Ups happening January 26th around the state, click here.
General Public Entry Rules
● This competition is open to non-professionals who primarily decorate cakes as a hobby. Those who sell their cakes and/or teach cake decorating will not be permitted to enter.
● The theme of the contest is “Michigan.” You will be responsible for interpreting this theme in your dessert.
● Entries must be in the cake, pie, cookie, or brownie category. Entries should not be store bought.
● No offensive cakes or adult themed cakes.
● Prizes will be given away for the following categories:
● Judges’ choice
● Most creative
● Most Michigan charm
How to Enter
● Contest ends Friday, January 25th, 2012 at 11:59pm.
● Winners will be announced on January 26th at 9:00am on our website, Facebook, and Twitter.